What is the update of the ELRS 2.4G V2.0 board?
- Support both 1S and 2S battery now. Only 1S supported on V1.0.
- Use SPI ExpressLRS 2.4 receiver with Betaflight firmware.
- Modify the shape of the board to support 85mm whoop frame. Only toothpick frame supported on V1.0.
- Use the lighter and smaller SH connector instead of USB Type-C.
F4 1S 12A AIO Flight Controller - A 1S 12A FC for building lightweight 3" toothpick drones like HX115 SE Toothpick Drone and HX115 LR Toothpick Drone. If you want to try a bigger FPV drone than 65mm/75mm on 1S power, and still want smooth and powerful flying actions, this FC that integrates 1S 12A ESC is definitely your best choice.
- F4 1S 12A AIO Flight Controller is the best choice for building ultra-lightweight 3" toothpick drones like HX115 SE FPV Quad.
- Most of the 1S flight controllers on the market come with 5A ESC by now, but this FC especially integrates 1S 12A ESC, it can provide more sufficient power for 3" toothpick drones.
- Built-in current meter, 2 programmable RGB LEDs, and SPI Frsky receiver. At the same time, all the pads are left for the external receivers with UART1 and UART2, for buzzers, etc.
- Whoop mounting hole pattern, be compatible with most 1S 3" frames. Large pads are reserved for solder motor cables, this design will make solder easier.
- Item: F4 1S 12A AIO FC (Frsky)
- Weight: 4.74 g (without power cable and BT2.0 connector)
- CPU: STM32F411CEU6 (100MHZ )
- Six-Axis: MPU6000 (SPI connection)
- Firmware version: betaflight_4.2.0_STM32F411
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Receiver: Intergrated SPI Frsky Receiver / Futaba Receiver
- Motor Pin Connecter: 1.25mm Header Pins
- Mounting Hole Size: 26mm x 26mm (suitable for whoop pattern mounting hole)
- USB Port: Type-C
- Built-in ESC with 12A continuous and peak 25A current
- Input voltage: 1S Lipo
- ESC firmware: Z_H_30_REV16_7.HEX
- Signal support: D-shot150, D- shot300, D-shot600, Oneshot125, Multishot, PWM
This new BLHeli_S firmware (named Z_H_30_REV16_7.HEX) is supported by BLHeli Configurator, BLHeliSuite, and Bluejay Configurator for setup.
For download and flash, update to the newest BLHeliSuite-16714902a to support this ESC firmware online. For BLHeli Configurator or Bluejay Configurator, you need to load it local. The ESC firmware is available for download here.
Diagram for F4 1S 12A AIO FC ELRS 2.4G V2.0 board.
The current meter is integrated on the FC board. Here is the configuration in Betaflight Configurator.
12A 1S ESC
Should we really need a 12A ESC for 1S drones? If it is a 65mm or 75mm Whoop drone-like Meteor65, 5A ESC is enough for all actions. But how about with 3" propellers and 1102/1202.5 motors? Still, want smooth and powerful flying actions? The 5A ESC has developed about 3 years ago and was designed for whoop drones with 0603/0802 motors. For the past year, the BETAFPV team has been cooperating with BLHeli author Steffen on the 12A 1S ESC for 3" toothpick drones. Finally, it is here!
It marks "1-2S" on the board, could this FC board support 2S?
The V1.0 board is NOT support 2S battery. Please choose the V2.0 board for both 1S and 2S battery supported.
ExpressLRS 2.4G RX
This board integrates the receiver with the most popular radio link ExpressLRS in 2021. ExpressLRS aims to achieve the best possible link performance in both speeds, latency, and range. Know more about the ExpressLRS project on Github or join the discussion in the Facebook Group.
How to update the ELRS RX on the AIO board. (For ELRS 2.4G V1.0 version, ELRS receiver communicates with FC F411 via CRSF protocol. )
Betaflight Firmware and CLI (SPI ELRS 2.4G)
This paragraph is only for ELRS 2.4G V2.0 board, with SPI ELRS 2.4G receiver integrated.
Since Betaflight has not yet released the official firmware that could supports the SPI ExpressLRS protocol, the current version is the Beta version. Please use the firmware and the CLI dump file below to recovery the FC board if needed. Betaflight will update to their official target soon. Please feel free to contact with us if you have any issues with this Beta version Firmware.
It is normal that there is no any option on Betaflight Configurator Receiver. As show below, the checkbox is blank.
Please change the “PID loop frequency” to “4KHZ” , sometimes it would make the SPI receiver not working correct while the value is “8KHZ”.
- 1 * F4 1S 12A AIO FC
- 4 * Anti-vibration rubber dampers
- 4 * M2 x 10mm screws
- 4 * M2 x 10mm screws
- 8 * M2 screw nut
- 1 * BETAFPV dipole T antenna (2.4G/46mm, only for ELRS RX version board)
- 8 * PH-1.25 connector for motor (not soldered, only for ELRS RX version board)
I definitely want to state that you don't want to buy anything from newbeedrone! Their customer service is absolutely terrible and they don't stand behind their products they carry! I've been trying to message them for weeks and every few weeks I get some reply from somebody that doesn't know what they're talking about and ask questions about things that I have already answered and even had sent them a full video explaining the problem. Up to this day they have not replaced this item or give me a refund and I also bought a camera at the same time that doesn't work. That said don't buy this board either. Since the one I have from this terrible company was no good, I was getting beta flight info but no image, everything was hooked up correctly and I know the camera was good. I had to go to Amazon to buy another and it flew but would get wonky after 2 or 3 batteries and eventually your drone will fall out of the sky, the next day it would fly fine again for the first two or three batteries and then start flying like crap again till it crashes. I sent the one back from Amazon and tried two more with the same results, one of them even had a bad ESC. they're absolute garbage once you fly them after 2 or 3 batteries the gyro or something gets hot and they get wonky and fall out of the sky,
So I got a bad whoop board that the video was getting to the FC but wasn't coming back out, I did not hook up anything wrong just a defective board, it's been almost 2 weeks and all I get is excuses, I just want a board that works or a refund. I bought a second replacement board from Amazon and that one has one motor that just switches back and forth so I sent it back and already got my refund newbeedrone sux