A new 6S battery capable ESC!
The new DYS XM30A V1 ESCs come with the latest SiLabs F396 processor, specially designed to handle the latest high KV racing motors hitting the market. The ESCs are capable of runningthe new MultiShot protocol.The small size and integrated solder pads are much more beginner friendly and make for a cleaner and easier installation. No need to remove the heat-shrink as with other ESC types. The 30 amp version is designed to handle the most demanding power-trains, such as 2206-08 motors and 5 inch tri-blades and quad-blades, or 6 inch props.
These ESC come from the factory flashed with BLHeli OneShot125, but you can download and flash them with the latest MultiShot firmware using the DYS XM20A version of the hex file. The only difference between the 3 versions of the firmware (Fast March, Crazy Start, and Crazy Start) is the startup tone the ESC plays when powered up. Everyone likes Fast March.
Some users on RCGroups have reported getting better performance flashing the XROTOR 20A version instead, with the ESC generating less heat as a result.
These ESC have the same architecture as the XM20 amp version, but can handle higher amp loads (30 amp constant, 40 amp 10 second bursts) See the great review over at Oscar Liang's blog that goes into the details of this ESC and compares it against the new LittleBee 20amp PRO ones
MultiShot is so far only supported in latest BetaFlight or RaceFlight. To enable MultiShot use the following CLI commands:
- BetaFlight (2.7.1 and higher): "set fast_pwm_protocol = MULTISHOT" and then "save".
- RaceFlight: "feature multishot" and "save". You can also activate it on the configuration tab.
- Input voltage: 3-6s Lipo
- BEC: NO
- Size(mm): 24L*14W*4.5H
- Type: BLHeli Bootloader & Firmware
- Weight: 5.0g
- XM series ESC is the upgraded version of the SN series with advanced processor, a basic frequency up to 50MHz, and faster overall processing capacity to better support high KV motors
- Designed for quick multi-rotor throttle response
- Twisted pair cable is used to deliver throttle signal, reducing signal crosstalk while further stabilizing copper wire transmission
- New miniaturization and ultra-low resistance MOSFET, powerful flow resistance, and professional MOS Drive chips improve efficiency
- Newly designed PCB board improves impact resistance.
- Sub-miniaturization design reduces weight while still providing a high performance filtering capacitor
- Refresh rate of throttle signal up to 500Hz, compatible with all modern flight controllers, including the Naze32 Rev6 and our Race32 and Rice32 F3 racing boards.
- Ultra-high speed Oneshot125 with 3000Hz refresh rate provides quick, smooth throttle response
- Fully programmable via USB port, with two-way and 3D modes for high speed racing and acrobatics.