What is it and what it do?
Are you sick and tired of cheap 1S lipo chargers with limited functionally and often inaccurate calibration?
Do you wish you could use your good 4/6S charger to balance charge/uncharge/storage or even check internal resistance?
Well me too
That’s why I designed this balance charging board that would allow doing just that!
And unlike the dumb balance wire looms that only work when all of the plugs are used,
I’ve added a jumper so that you don’t have to populate all 6 ports to close the balance circuit.
Just place the jumper the number of lipos you’re planning to charge and that will make it a 1 to 6S lipo to your charger!
How is it made?
With love of course...
But also with the most rigorous standard for safety and quality.
- The PCB board I designed from thick traces, copper filled on both sides for thermal dissipation
- The VIN and balance leads are assembled from 100mm, silicone wires, and genuine Amass XT60
- The jumpers are encased in a custom-designed, 3D printed connector that keeps foreign objects away, and forbids the bravest of you to attempt plugging the lipo in the wrong place
- And the assembly performed by yours truly, with testing on each unit.
In other words, I’ve ironed down every detail with the help of valuable community feedback to bring you the best charging device for your whoop lipos
It is not a hastily tossed together cash-grab.
It is the result of several unsatisfactory iterations, samples and prototypes that I wouldn’t offer if I wasn’t 100% happy with.
Probably not a huge deal but the balance board I received did not have the 3d printed jumper protector. It looks like the older design. Just a heads up if that's a deal breaker for some people you may get one without it.
i used the Ballance Charging Board with an ISDT 60BAC.
It Has the followings:
1. Properly Label
2. Easy to use
It has the following lacking:-
1. Need to have a "Fast Blow" Fuse rated at 1.5A MAX on the board
2. Warning label at the back of the board for new comers where it indicates that this board is a Balance Charging Board and NOT a Parallel Charging Board as such the charging current must be per a single cell and not in total.
It has been a gripe I have had since I started in this hobby, the inability or concern for maintaining 1S lipos as many do with 2S and above. I have lost more batteries to the lack of ability to put them in storage voltage. Now that is not an issue!
This board is well constructed, easy to understand and use. My only suggestion would be to possibly add a tether for the jumper plug.
I’ve got the Hota D6+ charger, and with two of these boards, I can have enough 1S batteries to fly (read: crash around my basement) all day! Simple to use, well designed (just don’t lose the jumper!). Five stars, and at this price, get two. Winter whoop season is coming.
I have been looking for a much better way of charging my 1S batteries. I finally found these boards and purchased 2. This will allow me to charge 12 batteries at once on my HOTA D6. It is also great that you can put them to storage charge too. Good quality and it is awesome you can add Beta FPV battery ports if you want to. I just use extensions but great to have the option. So far I am really liking these boards. Saves loads of time and I only need one charger now.