The BeeBrain v.1 - Cleanflight/Betaflight compatible Flight Control for the Tiny Whoop/Inductrix quad
- Out of stock!? Then get it here!
- The full BeeBrain manual can be found here!
- Frequently Asked Questions are here!
- Have more questions? Then join our growing community at the BeeBrain FaceBook Group, as well as the TinyWhoop Group. Both are great places to stay up to date, get help, and help others to take micro flying to the next level!
All BeeBrain boards come pre-flashed to the recommended 3.0.1 version of Betaflight. Please DO NOT FLASH to another version
For EU customers, flash your Taranis without the EU flag set in OpenTx companion. D8 will then be available to you. Or add the non-EU firmware to the SD card and flash from that.
The world's first compatible FrSky/DSMX, Betaflight ready, born for acro flight controller for the Tiny Whoop/Inductrix quad!
Full Betaflight compatibility on a STM32 F103 Naze32 style processor. Fully programmable through Betalfight using the onboard USB port! Tune all the parameters, PID's, and rates to your perfect settings!
Finally, you can fly your Tiny Whoop style quad in full rate mode (or even air mode!), fully execute flips/ rolls, and shoot the smallest of gaps with precision! Tuned to give you that locked in feeling you get with standard race quads.
We make two versions: FrSky compatible and DSMX compatible. No more hacks or modules named after a certain citrus fruit required, just bind and fly! Please select the option that is right for you when making your purchase.
This board is designed to work with current Tiny Whoop/Inductrix setups, just replace the current board with our new BeeBrain v.1 board and experience the next level of flight control.
- Fully compatible upgrade board for the Tiny Whoop/Inductrix quad.
- Full Betaflight compatible Naze32 3x1 format board
- Program via USB port
- High discharge battery connector wire for more power and performance
- (Taranis) FrSky OR (Spectrum) DSMX native
- STM32 F103 processor
- Six-Axis: MPU6500
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, fully compatible with the Inductrix quad frame and mounting pattern
- Weight: 2.96 grams / 3.37 grams with hardware
- 1x BeeBrain Flight Controller
- 1x set of mounting hardware (4 screws and 4 rubber grommets)
Watch this great vid of pilot @Questpack racing around his BeeBrain around a sick homemade track!
New Whoop vid! tuning some Acro! #tinywhoop @tinywhoop . Check link in bio for full vid . . #tinywhooptheworld #drone #dronestagram #drones #fpv #fpvracing #fpvaddiction #quaddiction #fpvlife #multigp #readymaderc #quads #quadcopter #fatshark #breebrain #inductrix #inductrixfpv #horizonhobby #newbeedrone @horizon_hobby @newbeedrone @racedayquads @readymaderc
Check out Benedikt at Micro-Motor-Warehouse and his supped up Rambo Whoop with our BeeBrain!
Check out Jesse from TinyWhoop doing insane building dives with his BeeBrain'ed Tiny Whoop!
NewBeeDrone BeeBrain Authorized Dealers
If we are currently out of stock on the BeeBrains you can get them at any of these authorized dealers listed below! (Please note that these are the only stores authorized to offer the BeeBrain to the FPV Community, and we cannot provide service and support for an order placed with any other store).
**********************In the UK***********************
Due to the overwhelming response from the community, we have put together this F.A.Q to answer the most commonly asked questions about our new BeeBrain version 1 board
What radio control protocols are used by the different version of the board?
- The DSMX compatible version uses PPM 7 Channel that is compatible will all DSMX and DSM2 Spectrum radios.
- The FrSky compatible version uses PPM that is compatible with Taranis radios when set in D8 mode.
- This is a high-quality Spektrum DSM2 or FrSky S.Bus compatible receiver. It is not an official Spektrum or FrSky receiver. The Spektrum, DSMX and DSM2 brand is a trademark of Horizon Hobbies, USA. The FrSky and Taranis brands are trademarks of FrSky Electronics co.
Can other radio controllers be used?
- Yes, any radio that can take the Orange Rx version module, such as the Turnigy 9X, is compatible with the DSMX version of the board.
Does it work with D8 and D16 FrSky?
- The FrSky protocol is PPM so only D8.
Will this work with NanoQX transmitter?
- Yes it does, it works with any 2.4 GHz DSM2/DSMX style controller.
Can it handle 8.5mm high-speed motors?
- Yes, the board can run 8.5mm motors, but our recommendation is to use the 6mm size motors.
Can it handle 2S batteries?
- No, it is designed to handle only 1S safely. Using higher cell batteries can damage the board.
What size are the mosFETs? How many amps can each mosFET handle for each motor?
- The mosFETs are CJ2302 and each one is capable of handling 2 Amps per motor
What Flight Modes does it have?
- The board runs the popular Cleanflight/Betaflight firmware that is fully customizable and includes several different modes: Auto-Level, Horizon (auto-leveling mode with ability to flip), and full manual (rate). You can also enable AirMode and be able to control the quad at any speed and attitude!
Does it have Altitude Hold?
- No, we are focused on making this board the lightest and most agile that it can be, and are excluding extra features such as altitude hold for the time being.
What is the size of the motor micro JST plugs?
- The board uses the JST 1.25 2 pin style plug. These are also known as the Molex PicoBlade connectors
Can this handle a 400mAh Lipo?
- The board can handle all 1 cell Lipos of varying mAh size.
I have a Turnigy 9x with the orangeRX DSMX module. Has it been tested with that?
- The DSMX version of the board works with OrangeRx 1.2 version of the module.
Will this work with Flysky?
- We currently do not support FlySky or Futaba natively as the first generation boards only support DSM2/DSMX and FrSky PPM protocols.
Is this compatible with the FS-i6?
- It is not natively compatible, but we are currently testing this radio in AHDS PPM mode.
Does the DSMX or FrSky receiver support telemetry? Or any idea way of knowing the battery voltage?
- Not for this version of the board, but we do have plans for telemetry in the future!
What else do I need?
- This is just the flight control board for the Tiny Whoop/Inductrix. You would still need the either all the other parts that make up the quad (motors, frame, battery, camera). We plan on selling the whole kit (unassembled) once pre-orders arrive in September
Note: This is a high-quality Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 or FrSky S.Bus compatible receiver. It is not an official Spektrum or FrSky receiver. The Spektrum, DSMX and DSM2 brand is a trademark of Horizon Hobbies, USA. The FrSky and Taranis brands are trademarks of FrSky Electronics co.
We guarantee and stand by all our products that we sell. If for some reason there is an issue with your order please do not hesitate to reach out to us using our store's online contact form, and we will work hard to resolve any issues as best that we can!
All parts are shipped fast from sunny San Diego, California! If you order before 2 p.m. Pacific Standard Time we will ship out your order the same day!
Shipping orders with lipo batteries
We do ship our small 210 mAh Nitro Nectar batteries via air in small quantities around the world.
For all batteries that are greater than 210 mAh, please note that due to US and International laws, we can only send orders with these lipo batteries either via Ground Shipping if shipped within the US, or via air freight method such as UPS or DHL when shipped internationally.
If you select a different shipping method we will hold your order until we get it updated.
Shipping within the USA
For items shipped within the US, we offer low rates via the US Post Office, and most packages shipped with the usual First Class Mail will take no more than 3-5 days to arrive.
For faster service, we also offer low rates with UPS, and can get most packages to arrive within 2 days from our shop to your mailbox!
International Shipping to Countries Outside the USA
It is our policy to mark all international packages with very low customs value so that our international customers do not take a hit when receiving their orders!
Please note that we need a local phone number on all international orders. If one is not present then we will reach out to you first, before sending your package out.
We are pleased to offer very competitive international rates for packages sent all over the world via DHL, which can usually deliver anywhere in the world within 3 days!
We do not yet have full DHL coverage for every region and for all small packages, but we are working hard to expand our rates and coverage! We apologize in advance if you are an international customer and do not see a DHL rate at check out.
We can also ship via the regular Post Office, with packages taking around 15 days to arrive. This is the most inexpensive international shipping method we offer.
What about Free Shipping?
We get this request from our customers a lot, and we are working hard towards our goal of being able to offer Free Shipping for our orders, but we are not quite there yet. We are still a new shop that has only been open for less than a year and we are not quite up to the order volumes required to be able to offer Free Shipping.
But the more awesome customers that we get, such as yourself, the faster we can reach our goal!
How much is it to ship to my home?
Want to see the rate you would get? Its simple! Just add the desired items to your cart and initiate the checkout process. Once you have entered your address you will see the best rates that we can generate for you on the next screen.
Where is my shipment?
We send an email out with a tracking number for every order that we ship! You can log into your account to find a specific order #, and then just search your email inbox for that number to find the tracking email from us!
No Freight Forwarding Addresses: We do not allow orders to be shipped to freight forwarding addresses. We ship internationally to almost any country in the world.
No Hotel Addresses: We do not allow orders to be shipped to hotels. Please provide a permanent street address.
PO Boxes: Shipments to PO Boxes are reviewed on a case by case basis and may be declined.
Refunds: All orders that are declined by us due to any of these rules are voided with your method of payment and the order is canceled.