The SOURCE MICRO is a micro sized frame designed for micro scale brushless DIY projects, by Dalton Ray Schulze from BARD. It is built to withstand crashes and abuse. Priced as cheap as possible to simplify the entry into this hobby.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The SOURCE MICRO project is a collaborative FPV frame project initiated by BARD. The frame is donated to the community to empower creators and makers, and integrate best practices and current trends faster into a continuously manufactured product. In return, it allows the local distribution network to have cheap and direct access to a good frame in order to allow them compete in an increasingly predatory marketplace.
The hope is for this frame to enable broad access to FPV thanks to a low price point, great documentation and wide availability of compatible parts and accessories, without violating other people’s intellectual property.
- Project discussion: https://discordapp.com/invite/ZJGkHwF
- Project files: https://github.com/ps915/source_micro
- 3D Printed files on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/tag:sourcemicro
- 3D Printed Parts (STL) also avaialble on github!o
- 1x Frame (Top, Bottom plate)
- 1x Screw & Standoff set
- Wheelbase: 120mmm
- Top Plate: 2.5mm
- Bottom Plate: 2.5mm
- Standoff height: 20mm
- Stack Mounting: 20 x 20mm & 16 x 16mm
- Frame weight: 19g
- 4x M2 20mm standoff
- 2.5mm Carbon Fiber Top Plate
- 2.5mm Carbon Fiber Bottom Plate
- M2 x 8mm Button Head Screws
- TBS TINY CAM Unify Combo Mount
The part recommendations are put together by our engineers and pilots. We strive for reliability and high quality in all of our selections, which may cost a bit extra but it allows you to enjoy the frame much more!
- Stack:16x16 or 20x20 stack combos
- Motors: 1202 8420KV Motors
- Camera: Nano size camera
- VTx: TBS Unify Pro32 Nano
- Props: 2" - 2.5"props
- Battery: 450 - 600mAh 2s
cheap replacement when your other micro frames/replacement parts aren't in stock