After-market mod to add a module bay to your Tango 2. Sticks to the back of your Tango 2 and plugs into the receptacle board of your Tango 2.
Check out the rest of our Tango 2 Accessories!
- Open your Tango 2 and remove the back shell
- Find the location for the cutout on the Tango 2 back shell (on the inside, near the power button)
- Use a dremel, knife or solder tip to cut a small hole according to the outline
- Ensure fit of the flex PCB
- Clean the back surface and tape the Tango 2 module bay down
- Slide the flex PCB in and place it into the receptacle
- Fit the flex PCB into the PCB inside the module bay and place it into the receptacle
- Close the module bay, and you're done!
Warning: Batch 1 of Tango 2 shipped without module bay capability. Please verify that there is a connector before purchasing this add-on. Upgrade PCB's are available!
Also, whenever opening up your Tango 2 in future, you will need to open the module bay and release the flex PCB from the socket.
- "LITE" style module bay add-on for Tango 2
- Compatible with TBS Tango 2¬†main board "V007A" and up
Easy install for multiprotocal unit. Must have upgrade.
super cool to use this on the tango 2
Easy to install with a hex driver and soldering iron / dremel (need to burn/cut a small hole in the back of the case).
Wish it were permanently mounted with screws or the controller included the module bay out of the box, but hopefully the 3M mounting tape holds up over time.
Also wish there was a removable cover to protect the pins and give a smooth back, if I don't want to keep the TBS MPM attached all the time.
Works great with the tango 2
I love having this option for my Tango 2. The problem is that I am buying this to replace another one, because one of the pins broke from normal use. Wish the pins were more sturdy, or they would at least sell the pin/ribbon cable separately. Other then the fragile pins, it's a great product!