The Mosquito BLV3 BNF
The NewBeeDrone Mosquito is an open prop nano that uses 40mm whoop propellers. Perfect for outdoor park and yard flying, the Mosquito is a nano drone you definitely have to try!
Originally, the Mosquito frame was released as a standalone drop-in frame for the NewBeeDrone AcroBee65 and Hummingbird Pro BNFs. Due to popular demand, we've released the Mosquito as a BNF.
Why Go Open Prop?
Ducts are great for preventing accidental damage from crashing whoops. However, they add a lot of weight and drag, decreasing flight performance. The Mosquito has open props while still having the footprint of a 75mm whoop.
- Flight Controller: NewBeeDrone BeeBrain Brushless V3 AIO
- Motors: NewBeeDrone 0802 20000kv Brushless Motors - Plaid Edition
- Propellers: NewBeeDrone Azi (Tri Blade) Micro Props - 40mm, 1.0mm Shaft
- Receiver: Integrated True Diversity SPI Receiver with LNA+PA, FrSky compatible (optional external receiver compatible)
- Receiver Antenna: MHF3 2.4GHz Antenna
- VTX: Onboard, up to 120mW
- VTX Antenna
- FPV Camera: NewBeeDrone BeeEye FPV Camera
BeeBrain BLV3 Flight Controller Specifications
- STM32F411 MCU
- ESC Firmware: Ships with JESC 48 KHz. BLHeli_s capable.
- ESC Specifications: 4 channel 12A ESC
- Weight: 6 grams (including antennas and battery connector)
- Size: Outer dimensions 29 x 29 x 7.6 mm
- Holes: 25.5 x 25.5 mm
- Battery input: 1 – 2 S
- UART2 TX and RX free for external receiver (un-inverted SBus signal only)
Note: The default power mode is low (5mW). Set the power level to medium (50mW) before flying.
- 1x Mosquito BLV3 BNF
Two stars because the front left motor went out on the 15th flight. I did put a review in for this with a 4 star rating because I think the company is 4 stars and this should of been a 4 star quad if not for the motor.
The battery compartment is too tight. Even the slightest battery imperfection and its hard to put in. I would replace the battery holders with bands like on the Emax Nano Hawk. The front right motor is malfunctioning and unable to fly after only 15 packs. I have purchased several quads from Newbeedrone over the past years. Most of the time they are good products, and when there not, Newbee Drone is quick to help resolve the problem.
Had to solder the motors straight to the board due to the motors not wanting to all arm and it solved the problem. Installed gemfam 45mm bi blade props and I’m getting way better performance with about 3 minutes plus flight time. Love this mosquito 🦟
can be flying with 45mm prop
Good for ripping around the yard or at a park. And it’s got lots more power then you’d expect