Skyzone SKY04X V2 Update
The updated V2 version includes a 60fps DVR for smoother footage.
- Screen: OLED
- Resolution: 1280x960
- FOV (Diagonal): 46°
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3/16:9
- Focus: -6~+6 adjustable
- Interpapillary distance (IPD): 58-71mm
- Receiver: 5.8Ghz 48CH Steady View Receiver
- Language: 10 Languages
- Power Supply: DC 6.5-25.2V/USB 5V
- Power Consumption: 720mA at 12V
- DVR: H264, 60fps,MOV 6Mbps, SD Card support up to 128Gb
- Head Tracker: 3-axis Accelerometer, 3-axis gyroscope
- Dimensions: 185*75*67mm
- Weight: 267g
- Receiver Module*1
- Faceplate*2(wide and narrow)
- Sponge with velcro*1
- Zipper case*1
- Power cable*1
- Headtracker cable*1
- 5.8GHz 2dB antennas*2
- Video/Audio Cable*1
- USB-C Cable*1
- User Manual*1
04X has smaller screen but your eyelash does not touch the lens. HDO2's lens is closer to your eyeball and therefore you can't see the edges of the lens BUT your eyelash touching it. 04X V2 has 60 FPS DVR and I think has crisp and clear image than HDO2.
Just as what I needed as an analogue drone enthusiast.
Skyzone SKY04X V2 FPV Goggles Has it all. Easy ergonomic controls, the optics have great clarity(no blurred edges) the sliders and focus wheels have excellent range, on-off button, and the narrow faceplate is a great option for total emersion. The SKY V2 FPV Goggles IMO are the best for analog out there. Not going back to Fatshark!
Headset overall is most likely greatest in FPV Analog. Here's some of the highlights I noted. If I could make the purchase again after trying HDO2s, I would still stick with the Skyzones.
+ Power Button, DVR, Scroll wheel all work and make sense after figuring out how to navigate.
+ Diopters and focus wheels seem to stay way more steady handling than the Attitude V5s I've run with.
+ The OLED is just plain gorgeous, and on a bright sunny day with the wide face plate, there's no leakage.
+ I use the wide faceplate with foam. No issues with it, seems comfortable for the time I fly.
+ Can get adapter plate for Sharkbyte if you go that route.
+ I've had great time with Mix mode where signals are combined from diversity. Some people say rolling images but my Mobula6, TH2F, custom build are working great.
- Does not come with battery pack, but I purchased the 18650 Fatshark holder with barrel connector and it sits in strap great.
- Cannot switch back and forth between the foam and leather shields since they use sticky backs. So you best hope you like the one you chose or don't like switching back and forth.
- Not great instructions for switching faceplates. Had to do a little digging and found a video where you basically dislodge it with force.
- I can't get the entire screen to focus, I think it's too large. This is why I'm taking one star because I don't know if it's my focal I need or just in general but I cannot get it to where I have a crisp image all the way across -- I have to select where my center view is focused but my edges arent'. I don't think this ruins the goggles by any means, and its only really noticeable if I put OSD objects in the very corners.
Big upgrade from my box goggles ! Much better quailty image and video range. Great adjustement options to get the best image for your eyes. Passed the box googles to my son who is new to the hobby and now he wants Skyzones too. Great customer service again from NewBeeDrone.