The BeeBrain BLV3 BNF!
As seen on DRL (Drone Racing League)
Which pilot will win tonight in Minnesota?— Drone Racing League (@DroneRaceLeague) October 13, 2021
Watch the 12 best drone racing pilots in the world #PushAllLimits at 8pm EST
Download the DRL SIM on Steam, Epic Games, PlayStation, & Xbox and fly like the pros: https://t.co/pSjS9xZsBr@Algorand @Allianz #drl https://t.co/cSvpyHuaaR
What's new? Included in the AcroBee65 BLV3 are the improved BeeBrain BLV3 Flight controller and Gold Unibell 0802 18000KV Motors.
The latest iteration of the BeeBrain BL Flight Controller contains massive improvements to the performance of the built in FrSky Receiver and built in video transmitter.
In addition, the ESC MOSFETs were upgraded to support the power demands of micro toothpick drones.
The solder pads on each ESC were enlarged to enable custom builds! With plenty of surface area and spacing, you can now solder on any motor of your choosing.
Receiver Improvements - 50% More Range
- Optimized SPI Receiver hardware to improve efficiency within the receiver.
- Removable antennas.
- Additional low noise amplifier to increase range.
- Optional wiring harness is available to install an external receiver (Crossfire, Ghost, etc)
Video Transmitter Improvements - 120mW
- New heatsink and layout to increase heat dispersion and efficiency.
- Transmitting power increased to 120mW from 25mW (V2)
Optional External Receiver
- NewBeeDrone Balloon Gates for Indoor Racing Tracks
- NewBeeDrone Nitro Nectar Gold 300mAh Batteries
- Spare Frames
- Spare Propellers (1.0mm)
Video and other Media
Recommended battery: NewBeeDrone Nitro Nectar Gold 300mAh
- Flight Controller: NewBeeDrone BeeBrain Brushless V3 AIO
- Motors: NewBeeDrone 0802 18000kv Brushless Motors - Gold Edition (Unibell Version)
- Propellers: NewBeeDrone Azi (Tri Blade) Micro Props - 31mm,1.0mm Shaft
- Receiver: Integrated True Diversity SPI Receiver with LNA+PA, FrSky compatible (optional external receiver compatible)
- Receiver Antenna: MHF3 2.4GHz Antenna
- VTX: Onboard, up to 120mW
- VTX Antenna
- FPV Camera: NewBeeDrone BeeEye FPV Camera
- Weight without Battery: 23 grams
BeeBrain BLV3 Flight Controller Specifications
- STM32F411 MCU
- ESC Firmware: Ships with JESC 48 KHz. BLHeli_s capable.
- ESC Specifications: 4 channel 12A ESC
- Weight: 6 grams (including antennas and battery connector)
- Size: Outer dimensions 29 x 29 x 7.6 mm
- Holes: 25.5 x 25.5 mm
- Battery input: 1 – 2 S
- UART2 TX and RX free for external receiver (un-inverted SBus signal only)
Note: The default power mode is low (5mW). Set the power level to medium (50mW) before flying.
- 1x AcroBee65 BLV3 BNF
Bought 2 of the bind and flys and 2 of the V3 flight controllers separately. Flying these out of the box is really fun, they fly amazingly well and have a lot of really nice features. After the first board died I figured it was just bad luck, but after buying 3 more I've had the same or similar experience with all three:
First one VTX fried after 3 weeks, second one the U.fl connector ripped off the board and trying to repair it made it worse. Third one the SPI receiver decided to just die on me one day, and the fourth is still semi-working but has intermittent power issues.
Support did give me a 50% off code for one of the boards, but other than that it has been pretty much sorry tough luck - you must have done something, etc (fair enough, I know it's hard to warranty).
There is a problem with AIO whoops boards in general having durability issues, but I think if I'm going to pay $100+ for a FC I want to have some kind of faith that it will last a while. It's also really frustrating to have different camera/motor plugs than literally everyone else in the industry - it's not a good look for anyone in the FPV game.
Bottom line is: I do love the flight characteristics and feature set but I just can't keep throwing money at it and watching the paperweights pile up.
Loved them. They need 30k kv motors serial elrs reciever 400 mw vtx better camera and rhcp antenna inside canopy to be worth the price these days. But used to be the best for a minute. Make a v4 with these specs and you could make a few bucks. Add hdzero option and I would buy a few.
Best one yet, ELRS would be nice, But the receiver seems to be much better then previous boards. Solid little whoop, own 2 of them. Happy Flying!
Still love this drone, I hope something like this but digital soon
I’ve been waiting almost 3 weeks to hear from support.